Friday, April 15, 2016

Destruction of the orange orange


I absolutely loved Amanda's piece and how it tied all the senses and emotions together. It made me question, confront, laugh, get upset, and enjoy this destruction of oranges. I did question this performance half way through especially with the waste of the oranges. Which was one of the focuses of the performance, to make the viewer feel upset and uncomfortable. I loved this piece aesthetically with the way the juices squirted at random. Every time I didn't know if I was going to get orange juice on my laptop or not. After the piece is done and the chaos has settled we finally smelled the juices of the refreshing orange. It really made me feel that the destruction has settled and what is left is the wafts, which smelled hopeful and happy completely opposite of the destruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment